
Well, my son Matt was diagnosed with the swine flu on Friday afternoon. I had to go to Asbury College to pick him up and take him to the doctor. The media have been hyping this for quite sometime...ever since Mexico had a massive outbreak and death toll last year. The first diagnosis for Jessamine county was August 18. Matt was diagnosed two days later. Seems like this small college/seminary town has its fair share of virus swapping.
So far he seems to be doing good. His worst day was the day he went to the doctor. The fever was up, accompanied by chills, massive headache, slight cough and need for sleep. They told us to quarantine him. I think the biggest reason is that they won't have the vaccine ready until October.
He has slept a lot the past two days. This morning the fever is down. His appetite is good. I think he is out of the woods. Maybe it won't be the epidemic they were predicting. One can only hope and pray.
No comments:
Post a Comment